Thursday, February 12, 2015

Happy Birthday President Lincoln

UntitledUntitledUntitled

My girls asked me yesterday what we were going to do to celebrate President Lincoln's birthday today. Obviously, by taking pictures of our Lincoln books! We don't have the right kind of pretzels to make log cabins and we have lost quite a few of the lincoln logs so this will have to do. Luckily, we are a book loving bunch.

The book in the top photo is the newest Lincoln book we have read (as of yesterday), Looking at Lincoln by Maira Kalman. We enjoyed her take on our 16th President and her artwork was definitely eye catching.

Untitled

We found this book via list I spotted through Facebook which of course I can't find now. It generated a whole slew of new-to-us picture books that we have been working our way through and hopefully I'll have some winners to share soon.

Post that relates:
- some of our Civil War reading

1 comment:

  1. We read Looking at Lincoln last night : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...